Monday, October 12, 2009

Perogies



Yukon gold potato-dill perogies served on a mound of perfectly caramelized onions. These were far and away the best perogies I've ever had, and I've had a quite a few. This recipe is in Vegan Brunch, my newest favoritest cookbook of all time. Tomas made them for me, so I'm not sure exactly how time-intensive they are, but from his exhausted state when I came home to find these cute little guys, I would assume they're a good bit of work. But the recipe make a LOT and they're all you'll want to eat anyway, so I say they're well worth it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way! I have been searching for a vegan alternative for this type of dish! Looks like I know where this weeks pay is going...

Dani said...

me too, I thought I'd have to give these up, yay!

Anonymous said...

Please post this recipe..I can't afford to buy a book right now and love perogies!!! thank you kindly

Anonymous said...

i highly recommend pan frying the perogies too...delicious

Anonymous said...

Hey, pierogi are traditional Polish dish and you can fill them with soooooo many different things...cabbage with champignons, mashed potatoes with farmer's cheese and fried onions. And I highly recommen fruit fillings: strawberry, plums, blueberry, cherry :)

restaurante arkupe said...

Quite useful info, much thanks for the post.