Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Boston Cream Pi-- I mean Cupcakes


See, it's apt since I'm going to be here this weekend. Yay!

From VCTOTW... Sorry it's a crappy pic; there is yummy custard inside the cupcakes but the ganache on top sorta seeped in there too. A bit of extra time is required for these babies, but anything for Beloved Roommate's birthday. We also went Vegetarian Dim Sum House and had one of the best meals in recent memory: cheap, adorable and 100% delicious. Please go there and enjoy red bean, sesame paste, vegetarian char siu bao, taro and assorted other dumplings, spring rolls and such. I don't really know what's involved in the famous "treasure balls" either-- except it's like mashed potatoes but crunchy and oh geez just go there, ok? No really, now!

1 comment:

Jody from VegChic said...

Whenever I see those cupcakes, I say I am going to try making them. Then, I end up trying some other recipes.

Hmm, maybe someone will make them for my birthday.

The delicata squash with pesto in your other post, looks lovely!