Sunday, October 7, 2007

More cookies!


So I went to a vegan baby shower this weekend. It was awesome; I met so many vegans and had a great time. There was a ton of dessert, so I don't know how many people ate these at the party ate cookies when there was a midblowingly cute tower of vegan cupcakes, the gold standard of vegan baked goods: the peanut butter bomb cake from Vegan Treats as well as some sort of yummy homemade chocolate pie with a cookie crust. A plethora of vegan desserts is always a-ok by me though. Anyway, here are almond apricot tea cookies from How it all Vegan, some chocolate chip cookies revamped from a Compassionate Cooks recipe and some raspberry jam thumbprints from a veg web recipe I think I'm going to work on a bit. Oh, and the food was catered by Red Bamboo in Brooklyn (including mango "chicken" salad, yum) and there was much Yeungling for all. Burp.

Congrats vegan parents; that's one very lucky baby, thanks so much for inviting me!

3 comments:

Douglas said...

oh man i want some of everything you just mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!

i miss ny soo much. sooo many places to go eat :)

where in ny are you? do you go to candle cafe or candle 79 ever? blossom?

Pink Theory said...

A vegan baby shower!? How awesome! The thumbprint cookies looks yummy!

darkfaeriecreations@gmail.com said...

THe cookies were fabulous...I was in dessert overload for days! Thanks for celebrating our baby to be with us!!!!