Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Mmm... Dinner.


X-mas dinner for The Vegan: spanikopita and ginger-roasted winter vegetables from VWAV and green beans amandine. The spanikopita was again a big hit with the entire family: from my cousins' elderly southern grandma whose jaw dropped when I finally dropped the tofu-bomb to my younger sister who is admittedly a very picky eater, especially around vegetables and tofu. Phyllo dough is truly the stuff of wonders. The roasted veggies were popular too, though next time I think I'll just make them with sweet potato and squash since they cook faster and I like them better anyhow.



Grilled zucchini and eggplant on a baguette schmeared with homemade sundried tomato and white bean spread (with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, basil).

6 comments:

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

How could anyone resist those foods?! They look awesome!

MeloMeals said...

That grilled zucchini white bean sandwich looks soo good!

Yay for making great vegan food that pleased everyone!

Traci Anne said...

So, I'm officially a little obsessed with your blog. Not gonna lie. :) I do have a bunch of NYC-based questions for you! Like, where do you get agar and nutritional yeast? Where's your favorite grocery store? Where can you get vegannaise? I think that's it for now :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

"mmm... dinner" is right!! so glad that everyone enjoyed these dishes - such a wonderful combination of ingredients and flavores!!

the little one said...

Oh, I so wish my Xmas dinner was any where near the quality of yours!

Anonymous said...

yes your christmas dinner was great...However, I'm not a huge picky eater anymore...you'd be surprised..