Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pearberry Smoothie


I'm not going to lie: this smoothie was inspired by a lotion fragrance several years ago. It's still one of my favorites though; pears are the real underdog of the smoothie world. They rival frozen bananas for their addition of interesting textural elements and their delicate flavor works well with a wide range of other ingredients: berries and vanilla are great, but chocolate non-dairy milks, ginger, apple juice, almond butter and strawberries all also work well with pears. Also champagne and pear juice makes a good (weekend) A.M. beverage with your french toast, tofu scramble and what have you...

Pearberry Smoothie:
*Chilled canned pears, preferably in their natural juice and not in syrup.
*Vanilla soymilk
*Frozen mixed berries

Whiz together and enjoy!

5 comments:

Melody Polakow said...

I've never used pear in a smoothie! I'll have to give it a try. have you ever frozen the pear first?

Lookcook said...

:-) see my website http://www.lookcook.net

Jillian of Bitchin' Vegan Kitchen said...

I've never frozen the pears since I always use another frozen fruit-- but you could try it!

bazu said...

I have to try pears in a smoothie. I have to admit I'm not the biggest pear fan- or rather, I always forget about them in the face of other fruits! Your smoothie looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

wow gold
wow power leveling
wow gold
buy wow gold
wow powerleveling
cheap wow gold
wow power level
gold wow
wow powerlevel
wow gold cheap
power leveling
wow gold buy
powerleveling
World of Warcraft Gold
world of warcraft Power leveling
wow power leveling
world of warcraft Powerleveling
lotro gold
power leveling wow
buy lotro gold
powerleveling wow
cheap lotro gold
wowgold