Saturday, August 11, 2007

Eggplants and Chickpeas in Peanut Masala


Made my very first recipe from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen today and had to rave immediately! I used a white eggplant from the farmer's market, a whole can of chickpeas and a few handfuls of spinach I needed to use up. This recipe is really wonderful; spicy, complex and super healthy; and I sense it will make even better leftovers tommorow. I think my garnish of cilantro (hey, I know it's in everything I make lately but it's summer, so it should be!) and toasted peanuts freshened it up and added some texture since I was too lazy to make rice to accompany it.

Yummy Indian food with no added oils? Susan V. you are my vegan hero!

Eggplants and Chickpeas in Peanut Masala Recipe

1 comment:

Susan Voisin said...

Hey, I'm so glad you liked it! It's one of my favorite recipes.

Great work on the blog. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have cooking!